2. U.K. Ban on Microbeads to be the ‘Strongest in the World’
3. Australia Proposes to Expand Commercial Fishing in Marine Sanctuaries
4. Whales Learn New Songs Like Humans
“Humpback whales learn songs in segments – like the verses of a human song – and can remix them, a new study involving University of Queensland research has found.” The humpback whales learn new songs through social learning, i.e. from other whales rather than through genetically from one generation to another. “All the males in a population sing the same complex song, but the pattern of song changes with time, sometimes quite rapidly, across the population,” Dr. Noad said.
5. Rarely Seen Megamouth Shark Spotted
6. Alaskan Sponge Can Help Fight Cancer
Be sure to “LIKE” http://facebook.com/SeaSave to ensure our “Week in Review” is delivered to your newsfeed every Friday.
Sea Save Foundation is committed to raising awareness of marine conservation. The Week in Review is a team effort produced by the Sea Save staff to provide a weekly summary of the latest in marine research, policy, and news.