Your Oceans Need You!
Global Wave Rave – August 25 & 26, 2012
What is a Wave Rave?
Some ideas for a Wave Rave include:
- Beach cleaning events.
- Surfing events.
- Diving events.
- BBQ’s or dinners with family or friends.
- Local bar events/parties.
- Local school presentations.
- Or simply a toast with family or friends to the oceans!
Or join an already hosted Wave Rave. Check the Wave Rave Facebook page for locations holding Wave Raves and post that you’re looking to attend an event. You can also ask your local dive shop or club, check on Meetup, Twitter (#WaveRave) or other online communities.
Just a few of the scheduled events include:
- 5k swim in the Shark Tank!
- Posting of underwater video!
- Participating in Japan Dophins Day 2012!
- Kite flying in New Zealand!
- Underwater Wave Rave!
- Snorkel Day in the Florida Keys!
People are diving, having dinner parties, house warming parties, cocktail parties, ocean photo sharing parties, Reike days, cake sales, quiz nights, kite flying, selling ocean decorated cupcakes, and more!
What have you done for your oceans lately?
We hope that on August 25 and 26, 2012 you will join people around the world, united in their celebration and support of the oceans to help stop shark finning and stop poaching. Make sure to take pictures and video and share with Sea Save. We want to see how you celebrate the ocean.
Watch this great video by Erick Avari and be inspired to help our oceans!