Give ‘Em the Fin
Most “FIN-tastic” Creative Upload – Official Contest Rules
SECTION 1 : Eligibility Requirements
- This Contest is open to anyone who has access to the Internet.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of Sea Save Foundation and/or Prize Sponsor or affiliated/related companies, are ineligible to participate.
SECTION 2 : Entry Rules
- By voluntarily submitting a photo, entrants are entering into an agreement with Sea Save Foundation and Sunset House and complying with the Official Contest Rules and Terms and Conditions, and imply they meet eligibility requirements (as defined in Section 1 above).
- During the Contest Period (as defined in Section 6 below), “Entrants” may enter by submitting a photo (“Photo”) that meets the following requirements:
SECTION 3 : Photo Submission Requirements
- A maximum of twenty (20) Photos may be submitted by each participant.
- Photos must be in line with the “Give ‘Em the Fin” campaign: Holding your hand over your head, pet’s head or other creative ideas and must be your original creation.
- Eligible Photos will be placed into the mosaic (the “Mosaic”) as a visual signature and made available wherein Sea Save Foundation deems necessary. Prior to the Photos being placed into the Mosaic they will be critiqued by Sea Save Foundation selection committee. All Photos selected for Mosaic will also appear as part of a series of signage which will be strategically placed internationally. Each sign will bear the caption (or some version thereof), “Be part of the global picture, say no to shark fin soup.”
- Photos must be in the following formats: .JPEG, .PNG, or .GIF – max file size is 6MB, minimum image size is 240×240 pixels.
- Photos may not include any brand names, logos, advertising or other commercial elements other than those approved by Sea Save Foundation.
- Photos may not be inappropriate; offensive sexually; suggestive; indecent; obscene; contain any inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous, or libelous material; promote bigotry, racism, or violence against any group or individual; or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Photos may not have content borders, overlay text, defamatory words or statements, copyrighted content, solely contain logos or emblems and must not threaten any person, place, business or group, nor contain any material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations.
SECTION 4 : Submission Terms
- By submitting your Photo of persons/organizations, you are implying you have received consent to inclusion in the photograph or, if the person is under the age of 18, have consent from a legal guardian.
- By submitting a Photo, you grant Sea Save Foundation and its affiliates an irrevocable royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, copyright, distribute, modify, add to, publish, create derivative works from, and display your Photo, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
- Sea Save Foundation shall have the right to edit, adapt and modify the Photo. Sea Save Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any Photo for any reason.
- By submitting Photos:
- Agree to the terms and rules included herein.
- Photos do not infringe any third party rights or interests.
- Photos do not contain any virus, bug or technical defect that would corrupt or otherwise affect the security, integrity or operation of any computer, website, smartphone, tablet, Picture Mosaics website or any other digital platform run, hosted or owned by employees, volunteers of Sea Save foundation or ANY of their affiliates.
- You unconditionally and irrevocably assign and transfer to Sea Save Foundation, Sunset House, Picture Mosaic and any marketing partners any and all rights which you now or may in the future have to the Photos, including, but not limited to, the copyright and moral rights therein, in any medium whatsoever.
- You unconditionally and irrevocably release Sea Save Foundation and its affiliates from any and all liability, claims or damages resulting from and/or relating to any failure to receive any submission and any use of, or failure of use, related to the Photos and/or the website.
- You understand and agree that Sea Save Foundation is not under any obligation to use your Photo in any way.
- This is not a promotion. Sea Save Foundation is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
SECTION 5 : Contest Entry
- The Photo may be submitted via one of the following ways:
- Enter using Facebook®: Access the Contest app via the Sea Save official Facebook® Page at https://facebook.com/Seasave. Enter all “required information” including name, email address and agree to the Contest terms and conditions. Then upload a Photo as outlined above, and an entry using the app and submit it.
- Email Photo to GiveEmFin@seasave.org. By emailing your name, email address, and Photo, you agree to the Contest terms and conditions as a visual signature.
SECTION 6 : Contest Period
The Contest begins on January 31, 2015 at 9:00 A.M. Pacific Standard time and continues until “Winner Selection Date” as determined by Sea Save Foundation (or “completion of mosaic”). Sea Save Foundation’s computer is the official timekeeper for the Contest.
SECTION 7 : Prize and Odds
- Only one (1) Prize will be awarded to one (1) Entrant in this Contest.
- The Prize that will be awarded to one (1) winner (“Winner”) is a trip for two (2) adults or one (1) adult and one (1) child, to the Sunset House, Grand Cayman’s Hotel For Divers, By Divers, at the following address: PO Box 479, 390 South Church Street, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1106, Cayman Islands. The Prize includes, an eight (8) days, seven (7) nights-stay in one (1) resort room. The Prize also includes a 6-day SCUBA package for you and one (1) guest. Airfare, gratuities, meals and alcohol are not included in the Prize.
- The odds of winning the Prize will vary depending on the number of valid Entries received as of the “Winner Selection Date” as specified in Section 5. For example, if one thousand (1,000) valid Entries are received, your odds of winning are 1:1,000.
- The Winner must redeem and use the Prize in its entirety within one year of the “Winner Selection Date” (TBD).
- No substitution, assignment, exchange of cash, currency, credit or transfer of the Prize by a winner is allowed. Sea Save reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value.
- Each Prize winner is solely responsible for any local, state, federal and other taxes and charges in connection with the receipt and/or use of any Prize.
- Any additional expenses incident to the receipt and/or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner; including, without limitation, the issuance of valid passports for the Winner and the Winner’s (1) guest.
- No more than the stated number of Prizes shall be awarded.
- Should a potential winner decline or fail to claim a Prize by the terms above, the prize will be declared void.
SECTION 8 : Winner Selection
- Sea Save Foundation will choose one (1) Winner among all valid Entries received by Sea Save Foundation.
- Entries will be judged based on opinions and discretion and image clarity, “Give ‘Em the Fin” concept depicted in the image, and creative composition.
- Sea Save Foundation’s decisions in all matters relating to this Contest are final.
SECTION 9 : Notification and Claiming Prize
- Sea Save Foundation will notify the Prize winner via the email address that was submitted by the Entrant at the time of entry.
- Sea Save Foundation will notify the Winner within thirty (30) days of the Winner Selection Date.
- To claim his/her Prize, the Winner will be directed to contact the Sea Save Foundation with additional information in order to claim their Prize. The Winner (and guest) will also be required to execute a form of release.
- If a Prize winner does not comply with these Official Contest Rules, meet eligibility requirements, does not claim his/her Prize within fourteen (14) days of the date of the Notification, or does not comply with all of Sea Save Foundation’s instructions to claim the Prize in a timely manner, the Prize will be forfeited and no replacement winner will be chosen.
SECTION 10 : Overall Rules & Conditions
- By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sea Save Foundation, which are final.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sea Save Foundation, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sea Save Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winners from the Entries received prior to the action taken, or by other means deemed fair and appropriate by Sea Save Foundation.
- Sea Save Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an Entrant if Sea Save Foundation: (a) learns or suspects that Entrant has misappropriated another’s identity, or infringed upon the rights of any person or entity; (b) finds that Entrant has tampered, is tampering or plans to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; or (c) believes that Entrant has violated these Official Rules or is acting in an unprofessional, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sea Save Foundation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sea Save Foundation’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- By entering this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to Sea Save Foundation, its affiliates, and its licensees the right and license to use Entrant’s Entry, name, image, likeness, voice, photograph, Facebook®, Instagram® or Twitter® handle, statements, biographical information, content and Prize status, in whole or in part, for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now known or later developed and available, throughout the world and in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the Entrant, to the extent permitted by law.
- Sea Save Foundation is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering, or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Contest.
- By accepting a Prize, winners release Sea Save Foundation and its affiliates, the Prize supplier, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including, without limitation, their advertising and promotional agencies and the independent contest organizations, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or misuse of any Prize.
- Entrant consents to being contacted by Sea Save Foundation for Contest-related purposes, which include, but are not limited to, Prize eligibility notifications, Prize claim notifications and Prize claim reminder notifications. Entrant also pledges, agrees and consents that he/she shall not employ the use of spamming software or some other electronic means to enter or influence the Contest or its results illegitimately.
SECTION 11 : Release and Limitations of Liability
- Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sea Save Foundation and its promotional partners, Prize partners, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, predecessors, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, cause of action, loss, fine, award, judgment, demand, lawsuit, obligation, interest, tax, penalty or other damage, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, expert fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with Entrant’s participation in the Contest, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or receipt and/or use of any Prize. Entrant assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or the acceptance or use of any Prize.
SECTION 12 : Dispute Resolution
- Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, excluding Entrant’s attorneys’ fees, expert fees and costs; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special and consequential damages and any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sea Save Foundation in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- These Official Rules shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of Sea Save Foundation’s and each Entrant’s respective successors, assigns, estates, executors and heirs.
SECTION 13 : Prize Supplier
Sunset House, Grand Cayman’s Hotel For Divers, By Divers, PO Box 479, 390 South Church Street, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1106, Cayman Islands, 1 (800) 854 4767 | 1 (345) 949 7111, firstname.lastname@example.org
©Sea Save Foundation is a tax-exempt 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
Do not submit your Photo if you do not agree to these terms and conditions. By uploading and/or submitting your Photo, you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.