March for the Ocean (Motion for the Ocean)
What is M4O?
On June 9th, people around the globe will send one simple, clear message: Oceans are Important. Sea Save Foundation is a keystone sponsor for this international event.
Why is M4O Important?
Oceans are in trouble. Overfishing, pollution, warming, acidification and poaching are a few issues we face. These insults do not recognize political boundaries. With a myriad of issues dominating headlines daily, we must raise our voices to say: “Ocean health must be a priority; without healthy oceans, life on earth is unsustainable.”
We must send a message to government leaders. Oceans are important and you must create, implement and enforce laws that will protect them. If you do not, new leaders will be elected who will.
|Register Now||Donate Now|
Can I Join Sea Save Foundation?
Absolutely! Our leaders will be participating and/or hosting events around the world. Join us, and hundreds of citizens, advocates, surfers, divers, celebrities, scientists, students, moms and dads. Come out and meet team members and show that you care enough to be part of the movement.
Check out the Google map below and watch as more pins are added as this tidal wave grows. Contact us at M4O@seasave.org, and help spread the word. Simple things you should consider:
- Get your commemorative T-Shirts now and wear them proudly!
- Join an organized march.
- Host a beach, stream or park trash clean-up.
- Coordinate a group of friends and SCUBA Dive.
- Invite a group of friends for a bar-b-que and talk about ocean love and ocean challenges.
- Let’s flood social media with pictures! Show us your favorite underwater photos or post selfies from your celebrations. Be sure to include the appropriate hashtags: #M4O #MotionFortheOcean #SeaSaveTweet #PlasticPollutionCoalition
- Whatever you choose to do in support, add your pin to the map below! Let’s make it known:
The Tides are Rising and So are We!
Sea Save Pod Members committed to making some “Motion for the Ocean” of June 9th. Register Now